Saturday, May 30, 2009

Elway

The other day I was getting my snow tires off. I know late May is a little late to be finally getting them off, but I have a very good reason. I am lazy. Or I procrastinate. I'm not really sure. I was actually going to write this blog when I got home that day. That was 6 days ago. Anyway, while waiting I noticed some autographed pictures on the wall in the waiting room. There was one of Gordie Howe, back in his Red Wing days, charging down the ice with the puck. (FYI: Howe doesn't actually sign his name in his autographs. He signs 'Mr. Hockey.' instead of his name.) There was a picture of Eddie George, the Tennessee Titans running back, breaking tackles and leaving defenders in the dust. He didn't sign 'Mr. Football.' He just wrote his name. And finally there was a picture of John Elway, one of the greatest quarterbacks. Ever. Denver Bronco's #7. Two time Superbowl champion. And what was he doing in his picture? He was in a suit and tie, doing absolutely nothing. I thought this was very strange. Why wouldn't they get a picture of him throwing a touchdown? How about a picture of him raising the Lombardi trophy? Or how about that play in the Superbowl, when the 38 year old ran with the ball and got hit so hard he spun around like a helicopter. Nope. Just standing there. Doing nothing at all. Well, not nothing. He was smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment