Saturday, August 22, 2009

Flight of the Airplane

So I'm driving around today searching for a decent song on the radio. Which can be difficult, because most stations playlists consist of songs that fall into 2 categories. The ones which I have heard thousands of times and never want to hear again. And the ones which are so bad that they actually infuriate me, leading to fits of road rage. (Not really, but you get the point.) But I found a good one on 105.3, so I settled there for a few minutes. (105.3 refers to itself as Cool FM. I don't think anyone would consider that to be a cool station. I don't anyway. But they refer to themselves as that. That's like me referring to myself as cool. And I am most certainly not.) After the song was over they played a commercial for a contest they were running called 'The Flight of the Conchords Weekend Giveaway.' During the commercial they had soundbites from the movie 'Airplane'. Why would they use clips from 'Airplane'? This makes no sense. I mean, I get why they did because the clips they used were of a stewardess giving instructions before a flight. So there is a connection there with the word flight. Buy why wouldn't they use clips from 'Flight of the Conchords'? It's a funny show. The only thing this commerical accomplished, besides confusing the hell out of me, was reminding people what a funny movie 'Airplane' is. And it is. It's hilarious. And so is Conchords. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment