Wednesday, August 12, 2009

J'Taime, Mon Homme!

Last night i rented "I Love You, Man." Very funny movie. See it. As I was leaving this morning to run some errands, I grabbed the DVD so I could return it and noticed something strange. In french "I Love You, Man" is translated to "J'Taime, mon homme!" (This is Canada. We are a bilingual nation. DVD's always have french and english on them. The french is usually in much smaller letters.)
The punctuation on the french translation confuses me. Very strange. Why is there an exclamation point in french, but not one in english? I don't understand. I'm going to now assume that french men are way more enthusiastic about expressing love for their male friends. And what about us english speaking men? Apparently we are more reserved. We keep it simple. Nothing too extravagant. Real casual. "Hey. I love you, man." That's it. Nothing to get excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment