Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Speak Up

I'm finally making my way through the last season of Battlestar Galactica. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but this show isn't typical science fiction. Or maybe it is. I should say that it's not the sci-fi that I'm used to. Battlestar isn't strictly about space battles, lasers, goofy looking aliens and shit blowin' up. (There are lots of space battles....but no goofy looking aliens. The bad guys are Cylons. I'm not going to explain who they are. Watch the show.) It's actually really interesting. And deep. Too deep sometimes. Stupid people who love space battles and shit blowin' up would definitely detest this show. Or they would fall asleep watching it. (By the way, I'm not hatin' on Star Wars here.....I love Star Wars.) I have one minor problem with the show. Admiral Adama, not the show's main character, but one of the main ones, is so hard to understand. I find that most of the time he barely speaks above a whisper. I always have to turn the volume up when he speaks. And he is the Admiral, so most of the stuff he says is kind of important. Even when he's mad he's hard to hear. I don't get it. It's really hindering my enjoyment of the show. But I still love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment