Saturday, August 15, 2009

Go Gunners Go

Go Arsenal go. Seriously. Win something this year. Today is a big day. The English Premiership begins. It's a long, long season. I thought baseball had a long season, but the Premiership doesn't end until early May. I've been an Arsenal fan for a few years now. I believe it was the season after the 'Invincibles'. That was about 5 years ago. They went the entire season without losing a single match in the Premiership, something that had never been done. They didn't lose. They were 'invincible'. Get it? They were pretty 'effin good. Anyway, that was the last time they won the Premiership. I'm beginning to understand what Nick Hornby was going through in 'Fever Pitch'. He waited almost 20 years between Arsenal titles and the dry spell was messing with him. It's a great book. The movie is actually good too. Not the Jimmy Fallon/Boston Red Sox movie. I'm talking about the Colin Firth movie from '96 or '97. I searched high and low for it on DVD and finally found it for about $9. Well worth the search. Not that there's anything wrong with the Jimmy Fallon version. It's harmless. Anyway, I'm getting off topic. My main point? Go Gunners. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment